Welcome to Ferozpuria Dastar Academy!
Ferozepuria Dastaar Academy was given birth by Manjeet Singh Ferozpuria in April, 2007 while Manjeet was graduating from college. This academy till date stands at the same location i.e. Street 12, Ajit Road (Near Dhillon Hospital), Bathinda (Punjab). People from all states and all ages whether it be Maharashtra, Kolkatta,Srinagar, Panipat, Delhi, United States of America, Canada ,UK etc have had the oppurtunity to come and learn at the Academy the different styles of Pagg. The training being imparted at this very institution is very methodological. In no sense has a shortcut been applied to learn this very art of turban tying. In less than 3 days and as much as 10 days one can learn any style of pagri from Manjeet’s Academy. 2007 to present Manjeet has trained almost over 60,000 people. He’s also been invited by people all around the globe for turban tying at their marriages. With this academy located in Bathinda, Manjeet plans to expand it to other major cities which are easily accessed and can cater to a larger mass of people.
About Manjeet Singh
Manjeet Singh Ferozpuria was born in village Mallu Wala, Dist Ferozepur (Punjab) on 26th March, 1989. He did his schooling from Mallu Wala and completed his Graduation from Guru Nanak College, Ferozepur Cantt. His love for turban tying started from the mere age of 11 years when he had just enetered class 6th. The style he choose was one of the prevelent at those times i.e. Pochvi Pagg (Morni). His passion for turban was passed down by his elder brother, Gurmeet Singh Ferozepuria who at that time used to tie a turban and go to school. In his early days of wearing a turban he choose to tie a 5.5m double pagg which now has changed to 8m. The first time he wore a turban that was tied by his elder brother. So when he went to school with his turban on he was appreciated by his fellow classmates and even his school teachers. They all had smiles on their faces when they saw that even a 11 year old child had started wearing a turban to school. This appreciation for Manjeet meant much more which pumped him up to tie a much better turban for the next day to his school and many days to come. With all this inspiration and love Manjeet had a dream to take the SIKH DASTAAR to such a level in the world that every young sikh boy would be seen in a well tied turban. In almost a span of a week’s time he had mastered the art of tying a dastaar.
Awards won by Manjeet Singh
- Best Turban in Ferozepur District in School Competition-2002
- National Award 2nd Place in Turban Tying competition held in Delhi-2007
- Virasat Mela (Bathinda), 1st Position in Turban Tying Competition-2010
- Virasat Mela (Bathinda), 1st Position in Turban Tying Competition-2011
- Best Turban Tying With Eyes Closed at Visakhi Mela at Damdama Sahib- 2012
- Best Turban Tying in Bathinda while walking-2012
- Best Turban Tying during the closing ceremony of 3rd World Kabaddi Cup on two bullets-2012
- Best Turban Tying in Bathinda while riding bullet and jeep -2013
- Best Turban Tying in Gurudwara Tagore Garden,Delhi with eyes closed-2013
- Fastest Turban Tying in 59 seconds at Star Plus Programme, Chandigarh-2014
- Turban Tying in 22 seconds in Patiala, 2014
- World Turban Tying Record in 22 seconds blinde folded eyes